Statutory Functions of the Department.
- Registration, supervision, assistance, counsel and control of registered cooperatives societies.
- Audit, Inspection, Arbitration and Liquidation.
- Control over Cooperative Education and Training.
- Development of Cooperative Movement and Human Resource.
- Implementation of various schemes including NCDC & ICDP.
- Recovery of loan
- Such other duties and responsibilities as may be provided under the relevant Cooperative Societies Act and Rules or Bye-Laws framed under.